Finally a tutorial ladies, I hope you are all ready to make this necklace, it was very easy to make. Hope you enjoy!
Here is what you need:
paper & pencil
needle & thread
1. Start by tracing your bib pattern on a piece of paper, once you cut it out try it on to see if you got the desired shape or need to make adjustments.
2. Once you cut your pattern arrange the pins over it to give you an idea of how you are going to glue them.
3. Trace your pattern on the felt fabric and cut.
4. Again check to see if it will fit perfectly around your neck. The other day I tried a bib necklace at Target and it was too narrow for my neck, it looked bad.
5. I added bits of extra felt fabric at the back of where each pin would be glued and pinned, this was because the pins are heavy and the weight can make your necklace look very droopy, you can either do this step or cut 2 pieces of the bib pattern and sew them together which would have been a better option but I didn't think about it earlier.
6. Pin the brooches, make sure there is not sagging or distortion of the fabric.
7. Once all the brooches (pins) are pinned glue some corners of the pins for more stability, I also added a few invisible stitches here and there.
8. Glue ribbon to the ends...
9. Don't be stingy with the glue as the necklace can be a bit heavy. To make sure the ribbon ends are hidden you can add a little piece of felt over it.
Voila! Your necklace is done! Let me know if you make it so I can post your version here.